Hi there! Welcome to our debrief of this week’s Health & Fitness Facts & Tips with your favorite host Charlie Farmer.
Are you currently having a quick breakfast? Are you on the way to work? Or are you taking a small break from whatever you’ve been busy with lately?
Whichever it is, tune-in to our information-packed short episodes to learn something new about Health & Fitness in less than 5 minutes! We often hear specific Health & Fitness terms, concepts or even rumors that we simply assume we understand. But in reality, we have plenty more to learn about them.
Wait, thinking about it now, this intro is already getting too long! This series is designed to be quick and efficient, so without further due, let us lay down the three topics that we have covered this week:
A lot of the food we find in supermarkets today is actually processed food, as a result of the constantly growing mass production model in our economies. To put it simply, processed food is basically any food that has been modified from its original form. While it might be convenient to get ready-made fries or canned vegetables that last forever, there are often plenty of hidden ingredients added in the process.
3 KEY FACTS
• Many processed foods have high levels of salt, sugar and fat.
• Cereals have very low nutritional value and contain a lot of added sugar.
• Processed meat is a major contributor to colorectal cancer.
Nowadays, with constant diet and healthy lifestyle promotion by influencers through social media, it’s safe to say that supplements have become somewhat of a trend, a formality when trying to up your health and fitness game. Yet, I truly believe that a lot of people don’t quite understand the role of supplements and how to properly use them to your advantage.
3 KEY FACTS
• Supplements don’t make you gain muscle unless you workout!
• Supplements are not essential for muscle gain, but can help for people who struggle with time to exercise or even people who struggle to reach their body transformation goals.
• Supplements, as the name suggests, are ‘supplementary’ and should be taken on top of a well-balanced diet.
Talking about trends, this one might be one of the biggest one in recent years! The rise of the Vegan Diet has taken the internet by storm, and while it has met a lot of success, it has also been the victim of a lot of critics. The concept of Veganism is to cut out anything of animal origin from your lifestyle. This diet has several health benefits on your body.
3 KEY FACTS
• Veganism is often only perceived from a dietary point of view, but it actually also has an ethical stance: it excludes anything that involves animal exploitation like furry clothing, for example, to fight animal cruelty and pollution.
• Tofu, lentils and chickpeas are good protein replacements to meat. Nuts as well, although they are very calorific.
• Hemp Protein and Pea Protein supplements are alternatives to Whey Protein.
And there you have it! Three information packed episodes to learn a lot more about Health & Fitness every week in a ridiculously short amount of time. If you’ve liked this, make sure to head over to Apple Podcasts and subscribe to get notified when we release new episodes! Also, a five-star rating would be greatly appreciated 😉